Any photographer who wishes to do anything worth talking about should get their hands on this sleek, great camera.This new camera model is not only as small and beautiful as the K2000[K-m] but also shares its low price and high specs. The specifications are listed below.
- 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor
- High resolution 12.4 megapixel CMOS image sensor features sensor-shift Shake Reduction for stabilized image and video capture up to 4 stops max.
- 2.7 inch LCD with Live View and Face Detection
- Large 2.7 inch LCD features Live View with contrast, phase difference, and Face Detection autofocus (up to 16 faces).
- 720p HD Video
- Capture widescreen HD video in full 720p resolution (1280x720) at 24 FPS cinematic frame rate, using any PENTAX 35mm lens.
- Compact Body
- Highly compact DSLR body design allows for 1 handed operation and comfort when travelling.
- Auto Picture and Scene Modes
- Powerful automatic modes, including PENTAX Auto Picture and scene modes, ensure the perfect shot in any situation, while helping new photographers learn DSLR photography.
- Creative Processing and Filter Modes
- Creative processing and filter modes produce high quality finished images, while offering the ability to explore artistic freedom through unique special effects.
- HDR Image Capture
- True HDR image capture blends 3 bracketed images into a single picture with outstanding shadow, highlight, and midrange detail.
- 4.7 Frames per Second
- Fast 4.7 FPS capture speed and 1/6000 second maximum shutter speeds are possible with the PENTAX
PRIME II image processing engine.
- 11 Point Wide Angle Focus
- Responsive 11 point wide angle SAFOX VIII autofocus system focuses quickly and accurately, and can easily track moving subjects.
- AA Batteries
- Capture up to 1900 shots with universally available, easy-to-find AA lithium batteries (also compatible with AA NiMH rechargeable and alkaline batteries).
The camera is very small and compact, and uses the standard AA batteries, which despite being quite a weird choice for such a high-class camera, are easily found in most shops. It has an AF system and the Prime II imaging engine which are unique to the K7 models. Using DA and DFA lenses, there are also more specific options such as correcting chromatic aberration. Also, you will find an orientation sensor inbuilt in the camera.
One dissapointing feature of the K-x is the lack of the AF-point on the viewfinder. However, other features easily make one forget about this lack.
The K-x runs at 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor with A/D conversion which allows it both to shoot at 4.7FPS and also capture 24 frames of 720p HD VPS*. The CMOS censor also brings with it higher ISOs. These range up to 6400 which can be enhanced to 12800. The K-x also has an extremely high shutter speed to deal with continuous shooting - 1/6000 seconds. Also, in the K-x you will find the cross-processing mode, quite unique to filtering options.
The K-x shares several features with the Pentax K-m, what some call its 'predecessor'. These are the chassis, metering, and viewfinder. Everything else in the camera is either completely new or an upgraded version of the features found in the K-m. This is why this camera should not only be seen as a side-grade to the range of the K models, but as a ''King of the Hill'' for the cameras of those series. Available for $1300-1800 USD depending on the lense quality chosen.
Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:54:47 +0000
Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.
Spam Control | * indicates required field
TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.
No TrackBacks yet. TrackBack can be used to link this thread to your weblog, or link your weblog to this thread. In addition, TrackBack can be used as a form of remote commenting. Rather than posting the comment directly on this thread, you can posts it on your own weblog. Then have your weblog sends a TrackBack ping to the TrackBack URL, so that your post would show up here.
Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.