Camera Hacker

: :

Add Comment | Related Links | TrackBack
Related Content

E:62:10 on DSC-HX400V

i have had this problem twice with my SONY DSC-HX400v ... heres what to do... put camera in zoom... remove battery while still in zoom tap around battery case a few times... replace battery enter time/date and it should be clear... good luck

sean
Sun, 18 Jan 2015 14:46:31 +0300

Just tried your tip. Didn't work for me. E:62:10 still flashing.

There's also a grinding, halting sound when the camera is turned on and the lens extends It doesn't happen when I zoom or when it goes back in when the camera is turned off. I'm sending it to the factory so the pros can fiddle with it.

Soo
Fri, 20 Feb 2015 02:08:01 +0300

I got this message a couple of weeks ago, camera was 15 months old, bought from an authourized Sony reseller. Quote to assess the problem was $176.00+ not including parts.

Pretty upset that Sony wants me to pay for a repair for a 15 month old camera for a problem which has been going for at least from 2007 in a variety of cybershot cameras and video cameras - do a Google search and you will see this.

Wonder how many owners of the HX400v and HX300v have had this problem crop up whilst they were under warranty and soon after warranty ran out?

Sony need to address this problem as to me it appears to be an inherent problem.

Plutopup
Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:25:05 +0400

Would be good to centralize all the reports of this E:62:10 problems in one location where people could note if it happened under warranty or after warranty and how they had the camera/video camera fixed. If you can, please add your experience here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56597844

Plutopup
Thu, 15 Oct 2015 01:14:51 +0400

Thank you a ton, same E:62:10 on my DSC-HX300 after dropping/banging a few times. To get rid of the message I fully extended the zoom, while power was on removed the battery, replaced the battery, hit the power on switch, zoom retracted, no message. I have to do this each time I power on the camera, which is ok considering all the good things about this device. Thanks again.

David Young
Thu, 12 May 2016 21:20:58 +0400

David Young, thank you so much! I can't believe your recommendation worked but it did. How you ever figured out that solution has me scratching my head. I love my HX400V, baby it, and it's only 1 1/2 years old. I was not looking forward to paying for an unnecessary repair. What a relief!

Popie
Thu, 02 Jun 2016 00:04:11 +0400

Thanks David. Your recommendation worked. Is there a permanent solution to this issue? My camera hx400 is just 11 months old.

Karma wangda
Fri, 13 Jan 2017 15:14:08 +0300

Add Comment | Related Links | TrackBack
Related Content

Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.

TrackBack

Send Ping | TrackBack URL | Spam Control

Title: E:62:10 on DSC-T9
Weblog: Camera Hacker
Excerpt: Same problem with my Sony T9 Camera, as it keeps flashing with the E:62:10 Error code. I have no idea what it means though it does not seem to interfere with the camera's functions. Anybody know what I should do?
Tracked: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 01:19:49 +0400

Add Comment

Spam Control | * indicates required field
Your Name: *
E-mail:
Remember Me!
Comment: *
File attachment is optional. Please do not attach a file to your submission unless it is relevent.
Attach File:
(20 MB Max)
Spam Protection: * Answer of 3 - 7?
Click button only once, please!

Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.