Camera Hacker

: :

Add Comment | Related Links | TrackBack
Related Content

getting my computer to recongnize my Sony DCR-TRV350 Digital8 Handycam

Hi. Looking for help here getting my computer to recongnize my Sony DCR-TRV350 Digital8 Handycam. I install the drivers from the disc, install the editing software but the software does not pick up that the camera is connected to the USB port. I have scoured the manual and have uninstalled/reinstalled numerous times and nothing.

thanks, Chris

p.s. also looking for recommendations on editing software. What about Adobe Premier? Pinnacle?

Fri Jan 16 12:04:49 PST 2004

Hi. I see from different posts that you have had some similar problems and thought maybe you could help.

I'm trying to connect my TRV350 to my USB port and am using Windows XP. It doesn't seem to work. At first the software wouldn't recognize the camcorder. Now, the camcorder is recognized but the CPU memory is at 100% and the video comes out like a series of still frames. I have 512 memory.

From what I read everyone recommends using the Firewire connection. But for the moment I need to use the USB port.

thanks for any help

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:30:26 -0800 (PST)

To get the computer to see the camcorder through the USB port, you have to enable "USB Streaming" in the menus.

Also, make sure the camcorder is on.

Chieh Cheng
Tue Jan 20 01:29:43 PST 2004

New questions. I'm looking at hooking my Dell laptop to my Sony DCRTRV350 through fire wire. My computer has IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers from Texas Instruments (is that relevant?). Looking at different cable options, how can I know what I need, four pin to six pin, four pin to four pin, and so on... I found a firewire-ilink-1394
notebook adapter card kit. Is that it? Hard to know what to do and who to ask in this Brave New World. Any help welcome.

thanks, Chris

Wed Jan 28 20:16:19 PST 2004

Firewire ports comes in two sizes: 4-pins and 6-pins. The following pictures shows the two respective sizes.

The Sony DCR-TRV350 Handycam uses 4-pins firewire port. Look at the firewire port on your computer. If it is 4-pins, then you need a 4-pins to 4-pins cable. If it is 6-pins, then you need a 4-pins to 6-pins cable.

Chieh Cheng
Fri Jan 30 02:11:38 PST 2004

Add Comment | Related Links | TrackBack
Related Content

Did your message disappear? Read the Forums FAQ.

Add Comment

Spam Control | * indicates required field
Your Name: *
Remember Me!
Comment: *
File attachment is optional. Please do not attach a file to your submission unless it is relevent.
Attach File:
(20 MB Max)
Spam Protection: * Answer of 9 + 2?
Click button only once, please!


TrackBack only accepted from WebSite-X Suite web sites. Do not submit TrackBacks from other sites.

Send Ping | TrackBack URL | Spam Control

No TrackBacks yet. TrackBack can be used to link this thread to your weblog, or link your weblog to this thread. In addition, TrackBack can be used as a form of remote commenting. Rather than posting the comment directly on this thread, you can posts it on your own weblog. Then have your weblog sends a TrackBack ping to the TrackBack URL, so that your post would show up here.

Messages, files, and images copyright by respective owners.